Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Scratch

So today I was a little adventurous. I did a page that was actually mildly destructive. I'm not used to tearing things up, so this was a little out of my comfort zone and quite fun. I just grabbed the nearest sharp object and went at it. That object happened to be a pink pair of safety scissors that I've had since 3rd grade, but it was sharp enough to do the damage that the picture shows. I actually made a hole in the page.

It reminds me of the scratching cards that we used to use for crafts when we were little. It's basically black paint on a slick piece of colorful cardboard. You scratch off the paint to make a design. I always got upset because I'm a perfectionist with flaws and always ended up with accidental scratches through the black. It took me quite a while to figure out that even perfect art has flaws.

Btw, I have another blog for other stuff : thelife-lizardgirl.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment